Thursday, April 19, 2007

Busy Busy Busy

As it seems to happen in recent years, the first part of my year this year is VERY busy. I worked Tucson, went to Nebraska and now just finished bead show in Oakland and had a blast!

The trip to Nebraska was an absolute BLAST! I had a better time than I could have ever imagined. The whole thing was just one fun thing after the next. Made the little work setting up and breaking down so easy to put in the back and only think about the fun parts.

What a difference the Oakland show was. It was HUGE! Lots of networking! Lots of appreciating the beautiful work I saw all over the place. Lots of beaders to talk to!

I met several people in the last 4 months that I have known or known of on the net for a long time. Most of them have been so nice to meet. Some are nicer in person than they are to me on the net and some are the opposite. One, I'm quite certain didn't know who I was. Must be the red hair! LOL Oh well. I have accepted that I can't like everyone and I can't expect to be liked by everyone.

Family can be so overrated... and I think I'm going to take a break from some of the family obligations I have taken on in the last couple years. It's time for someone else's shoulders to be carrying this load for a while. The expectations are not expressed in a polite manner and I don't wanna be the kicking post anymore. I have lots of work to get done on my patterns, so I'm going to spend lots of time getting that all moving forward for me.

No comments: