Thursday, December 18, 2008

1 Week to go before Christmas!

Well there is a week to go before Christmas. Where has this year gone?


I have a celini update - I have not worked on it for almost 2 weeks but I've been busy with other things.

Here is a pic of the progress. I told you - it might be done by Easter! LOL







Another thing that has really hit the bead waves so to speak are Permanent Galvanized beads! My local shop got in 8 colors:




I remember when I started beading and fell in love with galvanized beads, only to find out that they had a finish that made me crazy! The pretty color came off once I wore the earrings a couple times. Those pretty metallic beads.... People said - oh - you coat that with Krylon and they will be fine. I did that only to have the beads feel just awful and the holes got clogged with the spray paint. Now Toho has finally perfected the galvanized process and you too can have these little beauties. I got these at my local bead shop but Charlene at http://www.cbbeads.com has them! She has more colors than my local shop too! And more sizes as well as cuts in some colors!!!! The Permanent Galvanized can be seen here: http://www.cbbeads.com/permgalvanized.htm

So now you can have that lovely glow that only comes from galvanized beads without the worries that your work will lose color.


Charlene has great prices and even greater service!
She is also having a beadwork sale to help with her son's medical bills.
http://www.cbbeads.com/jewelrysale.htm

So make her an offer hopefully higher than she is asking if you can spare the cash. Nothing worse than having your child be ill and during the holidays makes it even harder. She is parting with things she would probably rather not part with but when it's your son, you do what you gotta do.

So have a safe Holiday. I hope it's filled with beady dreams. Hope you all stay safe and warm.





No comments: