Wednesday, September 09, 2009

A blog post a week... about a book a week

I saw Julie and Julia yesterday. It's a very good movie that was sad and funny. I needed to see it. It has inspired me who just cataloged most of my beading book collection. Julie Powell's blog is here: http://juliepowell.blogspot.com/ It's pretty good reading. I know I'm going to make Boeuf Bourguignon by Julia Child next time Frank is here. It looked amazing in the movie. The publisher has posted the recipe from the book in the movie on their web site for free: http://tinyurl.com/BoeufBourguignon

I am going to once I get the books all cataloged begin making one project a week from each book in the library with an occasional magazine article stuck in there from time to time.

While I don't fancy myself for a career in writing from this I think it will be a nice outlet since the passing of my mom in July. I need things to keep my brain busy on a more personal level.

So keep watching :-) I think even I will be surprised by the results.


2 comments:

digupstuff said...

Thank you Pamy for directing me to this page, although I do believe that I have been here before. So, you're writing about your beading once a week? That's actually a great idea! Great way to keep up with what you do and perhaps sell copies of it down the road. I'm probably way off here, but is that what you're doing? I have dyslexia and get stuff confused at times. I want to see that movie! Sorry to hear about your dear mother passing hun. {{{HUGS}}}
<3 Elizabeth :X XOXOX

Debra Miller said...

Hi Pamy,
Those are super ideas and if anyone can do it, you can. then to see the choker itself, wow!
Deb