Thursday, September 17, 2009

WEEK ONE: Project done! SUCCESS!


In the complete intent this book put forth, I ended up designing my own earring with the information given in the tubular netting pages. What I came up with is being called the 3 sided earring. It has 3 sides with fire polish and yes they could be Swarovski crystals. I used size 15 Japanese seed beads in silver lined crystal AB along with 3mm purple iris fire polish beads for the body. I added some purple iris size 15 Japanese seed beads to the fringe and finally I got something I would enjoy wearing! I do suppose you could add something heavier to the 6 fringes or do them in 11's with 4mm fire polish. This book just oozes different directions you can take with netting! Week one complete! WOOHOOO!!!

2 comments:

Lisa said...

Congratulations!! That's a really cool goal to set!! I can't wait to see what's next!! :)

Patricia said...

Pam, I love the earrings. Well done. But, aside from the end result, I am thoroughly enjoying your blog project. I am a beader as well as a reader and I love, love, love beading books. This is also, besides seeing great jewelry, giving me an opportunity to see what another beading is reading and why. I am really loving the project and may in a smaller way, start my own project...perhaps working in some way along with you. Thanks for the inspiration. Pat in Charlotte, NC